SITE BASIC INSPECTION
One full day (8 am to 6 pm)
Successful completion of Code Compliance and Woodburning Systems. Eighty (80)
weeks of relevant field experience is recommended and is required to achieve
certification following this course
1) To introduce participants to the Levels of Inspection and SITE Guidelines and the roles and responsibilities for professionals when conducting inspections of solid fuel appliances.
2) To prepare you to conduct, document and report on a basic visual inspection of a wood burning appliance and its venting system.
To create more uniformity in inspection activities and provide participants with
instruction in level one inspection activities. Included in this course are: Inspection
Checklist forms that have been purposely developed to guide you in the field inspection,
a documentation and reporting process that will provide you with the essential and
required content for your Inspection Report.
1) Levels of inspection and SITE guidelines
2) Masonry chimney inspections
3) Masonry fireplace inspections
4) Homeowner communication
5) Factory-built fireplace inspections
6) The wood burning stove and flue pipe inspections
7) Fireplace insert and hearthmount stove inspections
8) Factory-built chimney inspections
Inspectors: Successful completion of the course (70% on the examination), when
combined with the necessary 80 weeks of inspection experience (including at least 30
inspections of wood burning appliances) and a letter of reference, results in WETT
certification SITE Basic Inspection.
Salespeople and Installers: Successful completion of the course (70% on the
examination), when combined with the necessary declaration of installation and/or sales
experience and a letter of reference, results in WETT certification Technician and/or
Advisor and SITE Basic Inspection.