WETT certified technicians and sweeps who have been certified for a minimum of two years.
One full day (8 am to 5 pm)
Prior to attending the course participants will need to:
· Review the new chapter 14 of the WETT Reference Manual (February 2009)
· Review NBC 9:21 (found in the WETT Reference Manual, chapter 4, section 4).
· Review NBC 9:22 (found in the WETT Reference Manual, chapter 9, section 9).
· Review B365-10
· Bring both your WETT manual and B365-10 with you to class
You must have been WETT certified for two years and have successfully completed the Chimney Sweeping course.
· To review the Levels of Inspection and SITE Guidelines and the roles and responsibilities for professionals when conducting comprehensive inspections of solid fuel appliances.
· To prepare you to conduct, document and report on a comprehensive inspection of a wood burning appliance and its venting system.
To create more uniformity in comprehensive inspection activities and reporting. Included in this course are: A review of Inspection Checklist forms that have been purposely developed to guide you in the field inspection, a documentation and reporting process that will provide you with the essential and required content for your Inspection Report.
· Levels of inspection and SITE guidelines
· Homeowner communication
· Comprehensive Inspection Reporting
· Factory-built chimney inspections
· Masonry chimney inspections
· Masonry fireplace inspections
· Factory-built fireplace inspections
· Fireplace insert and hearthmount stove inspections
All Installers and sweeps certified for a minimum of two years: Successful completion of the course (70% on the examination) results in WETT certification SITE Comprehensive Inspection