Inspectors – Insurance, Private, Home Municipal and Fire Inspectors (Visual Inspections Only)
1. Successfully complete the three-day Code Compliance course. You need to pass each examination by scoring 70% or higher.
2. Successfully complete the two-day Woodburning Systems course. You need to pass each examination by scoring 70% or higher.
3. Successfully complete the one-day SITE Basic course. You need to pass each examination by scoring 70% or higher.
4. Submit a verifiable declaration of 80 weeks installation. If your declaration form is submitted correctly and clearly proves that you have accomplished the required 80 weeks of field experience outlined in your selected path (and you have passed the examination with 70%) you will receive your WETT certification information in the mail within eight weeks.
* Inspection activity can include fire inspections, building inspections, insurance inspections, House auditing and pre-purchase home inspections, provided that at least 30 inspections of wood burning appliances have been completed.